Change text size
News & Events
- This event has passed.
Members briefing and discussion – 16 April 2012
April 16, 2012 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
ALRUG members are invited to a briefing meeting and open discussion on Monday 16 April 2012 at the Manor Hotel in Exmouth.
This spring sees a series of public consultations and decisions by government which will shape the future of rail travel for the next 20 years. ALRUG wants its members to be fully informed about these and to help shape our group’s response.
Topics will include-
- how ALRUG should respond to the government consultation on the fares and ticketing review and on rail decentralisation,
- an update on our application for Community Rail status,
- information about our efforts to enhance Sunday services, and
- other work of the Group.
Guest speakers include-
- Chris Irwin, Chair of Travel Watch South West,
- Bruce Thompson, Head of Transport Co-ordination at Devon County Council, and
- Ross Hussey, Projects and Business Manager City Development at Exeter City Council.
Non members are welcome to attend and join on the night.