The Group also assembed a gallery of old pictures from up and down the line which can be viewed on the links below. The gallery of old pictures contains a selection of images from three sources:
- Historic postcards and images from 1861 to the 1950s
- Photos taken by Stephen Derek as a schoolboy and young railwayman in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s – marked as ‘SD’
- Photos taken and collected by Bill Sleeman, based in Exmouth, in the 1950s to 1970s – marked as ‘BS’
- Photos taken by ALRUG member David Tozer – marked as ‘DT’
- Many of the SD & BS photos are from a period of great change – steam to diesel, Southern Region to Western, rationalisation and station rebuilding and more.
We have included a few photos to show what was lost when the line to Budleigh Salterton and beyond was closed.
If you have your own old photos we can add, please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.